Wednesday 5 November 2014

Scrappers Delights - Anything goes with a twist of paper piecing




Morning!
What a lovely couple of autumnal days full of sunshine! A chill in the air just how i like it, and unusual for November.  This week i have the paper piecing challenge from Scrappers Delights
for you  Well as a twist anyway as you know it is always Anything goes.

So pop over to the store and have a looksee as you may find the perfect digi for your project!

Scrappers Delights

 My digi image this week for the paper piecing is Emo Honey 1  and she is kinda cute and easy to colour.

You can follow this link to the Scrappers Delights blog for the challenge!  It runs for two weeks so you have plenty of time to come along and join in!

Ok so my DT make for you this week is this card its a 6x6 a size i tend to work with.


I am one of these Crafters that at the moment i colour may image first and then match in my papers and elements after...i have tried it the other way by choosing a colour scheme etc and then colouring but i really dont like doing it that way for some reason...weird huh?

So this week i paper pieced her jacket and skirt in a brown paper as i am not a lover of fussy patterns when paper piecing as i find it distract me and i am never happy with it.

I coloured her hair with a Yr 21, 23, 24, 27 combo and added two BV and B combos into the streaks one is more purple based colour the the other more bluer.

The hearts are R 20, 21, 22 and the skin is a combo of E 00,01,11,21.  The bear was almost all of my E 30's.

I used twine and a cute red strawberry embellishment to pick up the red hearts in her hair and the papers picked up other elements from the digi colour. The papers as always i skim through my paper stash for the colours i am happy with for matting and layering. My first attempt at paper piecing as i really try to avoid  and i don't think it turned out too bad.

I intend to enter into the following challenges:




1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog it is appreciated..xx

#81 over at TTPHC and its an Anything Goes!

Good morning! Did you have a lovely weekend? Today over at Through the Purple Haze Challenges we are kicking off the week with #81 ...